Mademoiselle Blossom : Tiong Bahru – My Hood!
Sometimes this place reminds me of the city I come from, Paris.
Not only thanks to Tiong Bahru Bakery ‘s great croissants and canelés or the French cheese you can find at my favorite hidden gem Secrets fine food. It’s also those imperfect doorways, and this atmosphere of living in a real neighborhood, where people take the time to say Hi, where Uncles and Aunties watch channel 8 with their door open. It definitely has that “In the mood for love” feeling.
Mademoiselle Blossom recommends :
– Woods in the books, for picture books “for the young and the young at heart”
– Books actually, THE independent bookstore
– Galicier, for their traditional Nonya Kueh and the kueh dadar (pandan coconut crêpe)
– Secrets Fine foods, for their incredible burrata and French cheese
– Tiong Bahru Bakery, for their croissants and canelés (tastier then in Bordeaux!)
– MERCI MARCEL, a delicious French restaurant with a Parisian effortless chic vibe
– Joo Chiat Beef food court stall in Tiong Bahru market, for their addictive fried dumplings
– Bincho, for Yakitori, and because they share premises with Hua bee, the kopitiam where the movie Mee Pok Man by Eric Khoo was shot
– Plain vanilla bakery, for the best cupcakes in town
– PS café petit, for all pizzas and everything sweet
Yes Mademoiselle Blossom loves to eat…